Chocolate. Peanut Butter. Nutella. Need I say more?
Okay, okay, so they have Nutella in them, but they are 100% whole wheat, with steel cut oatmeal and fruit for added fiber and peanut butter for nourishing protein. So they are healthy enough for breakfast, and delicious enough to be an indulgent-tasting dessert or snack! I guarantee you will love these muffins. Especially warm from the oven…mmmm….
I added peaches but couldn’t really taste them, so I might replace the peaches with more berries, or just leave them out if you wish.
Whole Wheat Chocolate Peanut Butter Nutella Muffins
makes 12 regular-sized muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I used King Arthur brand)
- 1/2 cup quick-cook steel cut oats
- 2 tbls Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- tiny dash cinnamon
- 2 eggs (I used Egg Beaters)
- 2 tbls organic light agave syrup
- 1 Chobani strawberry Greek yogurt
- 2 tbls Peanut Butter & Co. brand White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter
- 1 container unsweetened applesauce (I used Tree Top brand)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 peach, chopped to little pieces (my pieces were a little big and uneven because I was in a hurry)
- 4-6 strawberries, cut into little pieces
- 2 tbls Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter
- 2 tbls Nutella
- 2 tbls roasted and salted peanuts
Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cups.
In a medium bowl, combine eggs, agave syrup, 2 tbls White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter, applesauce, vanilla, and banana. Mix well.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, cocoa, baking powder, and cinnamon. Pour the bowl of wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix. Add milk and yogurt and mix well, but be sure not to over mix.
Fill each muffin cup with batter. Top with the additional 2 tbls White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter and the 2 tbls Nutella. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Then, carefully remove muffin tin from oven, but do not turn the oven off. Top each muffin with a few of the roasted and salted peanuts. Return to oven to bake for another 2-3 minutes.
When muffins are done, remove from oven and try to resist the urge to devour them all while still scorching hot. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Enjoy warm.
You Might Also Like: