Hearty whole wheat toast. Fancy fig jam. Guilt-free Tofurkey. Luscious cream cheese. Crisp apple slices bursting with juicy sweetness. Need I say more?
The ingredients in this sandwich may seem like a weird combination, but trust me, they mingle to create a perfect flavor harmony of sweet and savory. It proved to be a great way to shock my weekday lunch out of its sandwich rut. Be brave and give it a try!
Sweet & Savory Bliss Sandwich
makes one sandwich
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 Laughing Cow brand White Cheddar cheese triangle
- 1/2 gala apple, cut into bite-sized slices
- 1 tbl St. Dalfour’s fig jam
- 2 slices Tofurkey brand Roast Turkey Style Veggie Protein Slices
Toast whole wheat bread. Then spread cheese on one slice, and arrange apple slices evenly on top of cheese. On the other slice of toasted bread, spread fig jam. Top with Tofurkey slices.
Close sandwich and cut in half if desired. Serve warm, or pack in your bag for a tasty lunch later! (It tastes fine at room temperature too.)
You Might Also Like: